- Plagiarism is not acceptable and teams with plagiarized work will be disqualified.
- Projects submitted to game-oasis-hackathon.devpost.com will demo to a panel of judges, where each demo will consist of 5 minutes.
- Powerpoint presentations are not allowed. Live demos only, please.
1. What is Game Oasis Hackathon San Francisco?
Game Oasis Hackathon is a global gaming hackathon co-hosted by Binance Labs, Celer Network, Cocos-BCX, Contentos, Matic Network, Marlin Protocol and Republic. The hackathon consists of three rounds including the preliminary online hackathon to onsite hackathons in 4 cities; Shanghai, Seoul, Bengaluru and San Francisco.
2. Who can participate?
All game developers are welcome to join! Everyone including but not limited to game developers, hackers, blockchain enthusiasts, who want to explore blockchain tech specifically in gaming are welcome to participate. Guidance and mentors from the leading blockchain projects will be present to help hackers to solve challenges and get closely involved in the blockchain ecosystem. The objective is to understand the potential of how blockchain can augment gaming and explore novel solutions in that space.
3. Will there be any costs to attend this hackathon?
Attending Game Oasis is free for all hackers. We will cover wifi, meals, snacks, drinks and more for the entire event.
4. Can I work on my project ahead of the hackathon?
You are allowed to do some work before the hack day - came up with an idea of the casual game. However - you will be required to disclose this to the judges. We want to see a working product, but we want a big part of it to be built at the hackathon!
5. Deadline for submissions?
You must submit your project at game-oasis-hackathon.devpost.com before 10:00 AM on Sunday, October 27th to be eligible to present your project.
6. How many people can we have in a team?
Teams can have up to 4 members of registered hackers who must be present at the event.
Code of Conduct:
All attendees, sponsors, partners, volunteers and staff at our hackathon are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to ensure a safe environment for everybody.Our hackathon is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable environment and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of the following:
- gender identity and expression
- sexual orientation
- physical appearance
- body size
- political views
- previous hackathon attendance or lack of
- computing experience or lack of
- chosen programming language or tech stack
- talks, presentations, or demos
- any parties associated to the hackathon
- social media
- any other online media